Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I think I agree with your assessment of ETH and BTC. You hit on the underlying blockchain performing a function. This is really important. I may be off base as my knowledge is still very low, but I like the blockchain to internet explorer, Netscape, etc. In that scenario there were only a handful of options and some didn't survive. Look at all the blockchain types. I don't think it's possible for there to be a high number of successful platforms. Most will falter, institutions will inevitably adopt or create something new. Again I think this circles back to confidence in Eth, but most others will likely fail. That's not too say that will happen in the next five years. I believe we are still a decade away from mainstream acceptance and use.
Yeah I agree most will likely fail and main stream adoption is likely 5-10 years away, and it's probably not a guarantee Eth will survive, but I like it's chances. The way I see it, is that with the smaller alt coins you can compare them to penny stocks and BTC and ETH to say apple or amazon, they have a huge market cap. As far as blockchain technology goes yeah it's hard to tell if one project might dominate or if they'll all have a place in 5-10 years. Again I feel like a cheerleader but I like what Eth brings to the table especially after the updates slated for this year.

Last edited by ErvGotti; 04-24-2021 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0