View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #9
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Nearly all well known tints are 97% IR reject and above. A lot of top end ceramic tints are also 99.x% on UV rejection as well.

I don't see the TSER numbers any where. Do not believe in the numbers tints give you online. This is something I always tell people looking for tints. You want to find out how the tint is, sit in the car and get a feel for it. There are no standardized testing for tints, so each number you see from 3M, Prestige, Xpel or Llumar etc are from them only. The numbers you see vary from test to test because each does it differently.

I'll with hold my judgement until then but so far there hasn't been anything different that hasn't been released on the market. I really don't like seeing people buy tints based on false information or ill informed. There is literally no such thing as tints blocking 99% heat from getting into your window. That does not exist. You have a window, heat will get through it.
Yes, that was kinda my point with my comment above yours. Hate these advertisements that claim to be some kind of revolution, when it's the same crap that's already been available for years. Not to mention, the windows are not the only source of heat transfer into a car, so there likely isn't much of an advantage there, either.

Plus, don't dark colors, as in dark tints, attract more heat from the sun, anyway? Admittedly, I may not understand that part of the science of tints and the ceramics used. What I do know, is that in one of my cars that came with tinted windows of unknown origin, I feel more heat radiated through the driver's window, to my face, with the window up, rather than down.
Appreciate 1
jmg18867.50