Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm550 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm550 View Post
What everyone seems to forget is that the consumer is ultimately in full control of prices. If everyone waits and does not accept these ridiculous prices the manufacturer is forced to lower prices or stop output. The later is unlikely. I personally WANT a 2019 Competition M5, I have other cars and therefore don't NEED one. Just be patient. (The other school of thought is you only live once so get what you want when you want. These are usually the clients that come to me at 65 wondering why they don't have $10m saved like their friends and have no way to retire and continue their lifestyle)
If a few thousand dollars of a price break on a six-figure car make any kind of a meaningful difference in a person's finances, then they shouldn't be buying such cars to begin with... Not buying such cars can make a big financial difference. Saving a few thousand bucks on them can't. It's like worrying about fleas on a dog that was hit by a bus.
I don't disagree however it's the curse of my profession. As managing partner of a national tax and financial planning firm our mission is to make sure clients maximize every penny available to meet their goals. Maximizing time and money is why people pay us so overpaying for anything is not acceptable. It's all relative. We have clients who don't care about the price, they want what they want when they want it. It's our job to negotiate on their behalf and protect them from themselves. My point was if everyone walked in to the dealer and said yes to $2,000/mth for a Competition M5 that's money wasted that could have been used for other things such as savings, vacations, charitable donations, etc. Most people waste money at an alarming rate. I would rather wait until lease prices were around $1500/mth which I believe to be reasonable and use the $500 toward something else. The idea is maximize your money with out wasting your time. I wouldn't waste an hour trying to save $100, however if spending an hour per month to read some news about residuals, etc to save $500/mth for 36 months, I'm ok with that. Either way, to each their own. I'm confident I'll have the M5 Comp at the price I want in a few months. Good luck to all of those looking to get a M5!!!!
Perfectly described. I was a little peeved that my Individual order was delayed until Nov 18, but this might buy some time to see if the residuals improve. Let's see who blinks first; I don't want to dish out the extra hundreds per month even if I can.
Appreciate 0