freezey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm550 View Post
What everyone seems to forget is that the consumer is ultimately in full control of prices. If everyone waits and does not accept these ridiculous prices the manufacturer is forced to lower prices or stop output. The later is unlikely. I personally WANT a 2019 Competition M5, I have other cars and therefore don't NEED one. Just be patient. (The other school of thought is you only live once so get what you want when you want. These are usually the clients that come to me at 65 wondering why they don't have $10m saved like their friends and have no way to retire and continue their lifestyle)
If a few thousand dollars of a price break on a six-figure car make any kind of a meaningful difference in a person's finances, then they shouldn't be buying such cars to begin with... Not buying such cars can make a big financial difference. Saving a few thousand bucks on them can't. It's like worrying about fleas on a dog that was hit by a bus.
I agree to a certain point. I like the car but I absolutely know it's not worth what they are asking.

These things drop like a rock a year or two in terms of value. BMW also always drops pants on these cars after a few months. If it was always a consistent 1700/mo than thats what the car is worth forever and always, don't lease for 1700 one month and 3 months later lease for 1100.

For 2200 a month you are in a completely different ball game and it should be expected. I am in the middle of looking at a 720s for a garage car and know it costs what it costs because the dealership is always consistent.
Appreciate 2