View Single Post
      01-30-2021, 04:14 PM   #14
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
From another website but this is dead on accurate I’ve done all three in my rear I don’t want any of them up there.You need to look really closely at the plastic button that he’s talking about it’s actually two pieces and you need to split them. Don’t just start yanking underneath the whole button , it won’t move.

Here is how to do it. I did it on my daughters X2 and it took about 2 minutes. Raise the headrest. Pry off the little round plastic cover by hand on the RH side-the one without the button. It comes off easily, held in by three small tabs. Under that cover is a round metal slot for the headrest bar. On the side with an opening there is a gray metal clip that holds the headrest in place. Take a small screwdriver and pry the clip out (comes out easily). Reinstall plastic cover-snaps in place. Headrest can be removed-or you can put it in and remove it at will, like any other headrest. Rearward vision improved.”
I found what you mentioned too, but it's actually easier than that. You just need a small flat head screwdriver to push the pin. I didn't have to pry anything out.

chowser51 - Here is a picture to help you see what you need to look for.
Name:  2021-01-30 17_04_25-Window.png
Views: 2514
Size:  1.32 MB
Appreciate 4