View Single Post
      09-13-2021, 01:23 PM   #9
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

im on the other side of this. Analytics has brought us a lot of great things recently. Plays that were thought too high risk in the past, have now shown to also have a high reward that makes that risk worth it.

For football, going for it on 4th, going for 2, more passing, etc. has led to more offense and more scoring, which is always fun.

Basketball, more 3 pointers and driving to the paint. Baseball, more homeruns and scoring.

The thing that is getting old in sports for me is the ticky tack fouls. And the flopping. Basketball is almost unwatchable due to the excessive fouling and guys more willing to flop than play through the foul. Its why olympic basketball was more fun imo.

As for youth sports, football in particular, I wouldnt say the cost of equipment is driving kids away, but more so the danger. Which is fine because we are getting some of the best of the best athletes starting at young ages and playing against higher overall competition at young ages, leading to some phenomenal players coming out of high school/college.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
wtwo317971.00