02-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #130
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
Im getting old and sensible...now I'm thinking about a 550 instead of an M5. M5's aren't quite what they used to be. My E60 M5 had a completely different engine trans, etc, the new M5 just kinda has a different tune (I know there is a lot more then that, but in traffic that stuff doesn't matter much).

I obviously still prefer the M5...I'm just not sure the difference in cost is worth it to me for my purposes.

Getting old sucks. If I end up getting a 550 it will represent the first time I ever got the 'more sensible' alternative instead of the one that is objectively cooler.
I thought the M5 just meant you were old but didn't want to admit it yet?

I mean, c'mon it's a luxury sedan, nothing M about it. One of the other things that has made me dislike BMW. Slapping that M on everything. Just like the X5M or whatever they call it, GTFO with that shit!

That being said I had a 550 for a while, an F10 I believe. I liked it, however it was certainly not a sports cars, but that's not what I bought it for. At that point I had a 2016 Camaro SS to get my jollies so it was fine.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00