View Single Post
      06-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #21
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryChiu View Post
as far as China & a little bit of Hong Kong is concerned, 5GT is an enormous success, esp in china. I guess that's one of the reasons BMW keeps building them, despite the "failure" in N.A.

People got too carried away about the situation of their own country and failed to have a global perspective. BMW targets on the globe.

In any case, I'm not saying that 5GT, 3GT...are beautiful. But they are not ugly either. So to some people, it is actually "grand".
It may be my anti-crossover colored glasses that are tinting my perspective on the 5GT. I am a die hard BMW Touring lover so it disappoints me to see this being served to the public instead of the spectacular F11 5 series touring.

My reference to it being a failure is not simply from a sales standpoint, personally I think it is a styling failure. I see if as a failure in the direction that BMW is headed... one where I can get a useless X1 crossover, but not an economical and practical 1 series hatch. Not to mention the car's styling is far less than flattering from most angles.

Just my .02
Appreciate 0