11-05-2016, 05:07 PM   #36
PatrickM3
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1KRR View Post
I don't share thisl. VET did not pass VES and as such VES did not gain an advantage. Driving an open wheeler over the grass is hardly pleasant. Both where racing for a position, so VES was in his full right to defend the 3rd place. Under the pressure of VET, he made a mistake, but squeezed his buttocks and held his speed on the grass. It would be different if VET was even an inch past VES.

That ithe FIA ruling becomes ridiculous, I agree. But for goodness sake.. its racing and if you don't have a desire to win or to finish in front of your your opponent, you have no business on the track. Otherwise, we could vote for grid positions and they go in "commuter traffic format" in 70 rounds to the checkered flag.

I think that there is a shockwave going through the F1 world. All of a sudden there is a racer between them again. Horrifying.....
We're very close to agreement..... at least for the rules part: let them race, create tracks that don't allow advantages by shortcuts, i.e. gravel traps.

VES locked up under pressure, but as soon as he locked up, he let off the brakes and realised that HAM had not lost anything in lap 1, so he willingly took the risk and deliberately leapt through the grass. He did not go on the grass because there was no other way of solving his "problem" Even though I think he deserved the penalty, I thoroughly dug what he was doing!

anyways: I also love the fact that one guy barely past his puberty is shaking up the F1 and there are at least 4 or 5 rules altered because he is always on the edge of what is allowed..... F1 needs to be shaken up a lot more....
Appreciate 0