Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Leonard View Post
You're not experiencing the hesitation because you are in sport mode all the time. Switch to comfort mode and try making a quick left turn with oncoming traffic. (actually don't)

As far as a solution, I wish BMW could replace comfort mode with a 'de-tuned' version of sport mode + softer suspension if DDC option was installed.

Sport mode is way too crazy for inner city driving. While comfort mode is so weak that Corollas are beating me off the line.

I drive in comfort on occasion, I read a long time ago that Jackie Stewart was quoted in an article to drive like you have an egg under your foot. Having said that I really don't see any significant lag again maybe its how I drive I try very hard not to put myself in situations where 1/2 second matters (the joys of being older).

On the stiffness side it is my understanding you can have sport mode to only do throttle and not suspension. I have the DDC but the child in me likes the stiffer ride
I assume you have seen the threads on the pedal tuners, the folks who have installed them, seem to really like the performance. Given these are drive by wire programing seems a smart solution to your issues

I truly hope you can get the car working the way you would like. Good Luck
Appreciate 0