View Single Post
      12-25-2019, 08:10 AM   #172
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

So my quest continues for a replacement for the E91. After driving an M-sport package X1 and being totally disappointed, we've now shifted gears to potentially a Macan. I've yet to drive the latest Macan S yet, but I thought this quote below from R&T's test was "interesting" given the discussions I've seen in this thread and also comments made on the X3M/X4M board and reviews about these slow speed response issues.

After heavily praising the Porsche PDK, they point out:
" I did determine one situation where the V6 and PDK didn't quite play nice: When in rolling to a near stop heading towards a roundabout, in Normal mode, the transmission won't downshift to first. In second gear at low speeds, there's a moment where you get on the gas and nothing happens. It's frustrating, though I imagine it could be solved with some software programming. And otherwise, the transmission is top-notch."

In this case, it sounds like a manual downshift into 1st or using one of the sport modes would solve the issue, and the throttle would respond fine. I'm not sure that's the case in the X2 M35i all the time? (or X4M with similar complaint?) If you're coming to a slow (10-15mph?) rolling corner, say a 90 degree turn at a green stoplight, and you demand response with a moderate dose of throttle, is the problem still apparent if you've already manually downshifted to 1st? Will the transmission respond and accept the downshift request quickly? And will the throttle respond linearly and smoothly?

Waiting for the new year to test drive everything in this segment to see first hand what's up with all of these potential issues (X2 M35i, X4 M40i, X4M, Macan S, Macan turbo).

Has anyone had any success with BMWNA yet on the throttle issue?
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0