Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
I mean, I get the whole "protect your brain" concept...but when in a car...and since most people don't have a cage...why spend $1k on a helmet?

Motorcycle...where you are completely unprotected and if you go down, I totally see a reason to say "money is not a factor". In fact, I have an Arai from when I used to ride because I wanted the best and most comfortable. I now use it for HPDEs.

But before I had an Arai, I had a pretty basic Bell (auto) helmet...totally complaint and it did the job well (albeit a little bit heavier)

If you aren't racing for money, I don't see the reasoning of spending $750+ on an HPDE helmet...
It's matte black not carbon fiber, so $499.95 only one cheaper is the Sport. Bought this one b/c it has the largest eye port.

If your asking why SA over MA. It's b/c the SA is fire retardant. MA are not.

In doing research I found some CF helmets are CF over some other composite like fiberglass and sometimes they weigh more than a traditional helmet.

I gravitate toward Bell b/c I'm pretty sure based on the deep gouges from the street in my previous motorcycle helmet (ahole made a left in front of me) I would have been a vegetable had it not been for the helmet.

Last edited by omasou; 07-02-2017 at 11:18 PM..
Appreciate 0