View Single Post
      06-05-2020, 08:15 AM   #35
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Because it is a business that requires the organization as a whole to function and be profitable. Same reason professional sports in the U.S. have revenue sharing, because they realize it makes the organization overall better and more competitive, attractive for fans and with this the teams values and sponsorship goes up. Toto by himself may not care but MB and their sponsors care. Toto is head of the team but I don't believe for a second that he doesn't consult with the people above before he give the organizations opinion. If they will never vote for anything that might diminish his advantage, and every decision has to pass 100% I see the current trend continuing where outside the top 3 teams you are just racing for points, there is no chance you will win a race, weakest teams are fighting for 15th place or hoping for DQ's and often the best racing is around 8-12 place. Amazing how little MB is on TV in the races they walk away with.

Williams needs another billionaire looking for a hobby or trying to get his son a drive as it is a really tough sell to someone that wants to invest in a profitable business. Billionaires buying teams as a hobby and the richest drivers getting drives is another issue with F1. The rich drivers don't care but the sport suffers.

Instead of sharing revenue they went with spending caps which I think will turn out to be a joke. Ferrari threatens to leave if they don't get exactly what they want but both sides would lose, Ferrari isn't in F1 as a charity, their company and brand would lose value if they left.
Reverse grids isn't like revenue sharing. It's letting the Browns have the ball 5 times in a row at the beginning of the game because they're playing the Chiefs and they have no chance otherwise.
Appreciate 1
mk1-fan583.00