View Single Post
      09-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #14
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Rep
Drives: '23 AW i4 eDrive40 M Sport

Garage List
Unless you know or plan to keep the car for years past the 4/50k warranty, the extended warranty isnt going to provide you much ROI. Some would say that you should look more into that as you get halfway into your ownership/warranty coverage or beyond, but warranty purchasing prices are typically going to be lower the younger the car is. Another thing to really dive into us is what the extended warranties will actually cover...or rather what the fine print exclusions are....take that and compare that you what X brand car has historically been known to have issues with or not.

Another option to consider is to become acquainted with independent service shops that specifically cater to X brand/type of vehicles. Aside from savings in regards to service, it may come in handle with repairs outside of warranty as well.

In the end extended warranties are essentially insurance/peace of mind that you may or may not need to exercise its usage. The ROI on it is subject and varies per person.

Leasing is subjective as well, it works better for some and not for others. I've had my fair share of purchased new, purchased used and lease....the past 4 have been leases. I like jumping into new cars every 3 years and I do mod my vehicles, but nothing irreversible or detrimental. Even when I was purchasing used cars, I would switch every 3-4 years anyways.....so in the end, it was just paying the depreciating of the vehicle during my time of usage...which is a way to look at leasing. Leasing also provide you the option to purchase the car at the end of the lease too...but it may end up costing slightly more than if it was a purchase in the first place, but thats the price we pay for having options to choose from.
'20 Alpine White F97 ///X3MC
'20 Alpine White F39 ///X2 M Sport X
Appreciate 0