View Single Post
      08-08-2019, 11:42 AM   #17
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

I've been testing out things a lot more lately in my commute to drop the kids off at camp. I find that in the sport mode with the paddle to the left (sport +) is the MOST aggressive.. ie the car seems to respond the best, the pops and crackles are the loudest. In a way surprising because when I manually shift the paddles myself it isn't the same. I wonder if there is any different programming that the car would like you to just leave it in the sports plus compared to the manual mode shifting. I'm on the fence if I should "invest" in the pedal tuner or not. With the active sound off I can leave it in sports mode and it's the same sound as comfort yet it's peppy. So why then leave it in comfort? The only bonus I think is the eco mode that disengages the transmission to coast, and that could certainly use a boost in the pedal response since it's a total dog at that point. A little more sensitivity in the dead spots when stopping and turning would be nice, but not to the sacrifice of a twitchy pedal on the start/stop. Still thinking this one over, but much thanks for billnchristy for keeping us updated!
Appreciate 0