Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I have the TSA Pre but not global entry. Correct me if I'm wrong the Global Entry only speeds up the process at immigration not security right?
Global Entry also qualifies you for TSA Pre-check. Enter you G.E. info on your flight reservation and you should get pre-check and avoid random/secondary screening.

For those of you who don't want to do Global Entry, there is a free app called Mobile Passport from the US CBP. It is just as fast as Global Entry on arrival and it is free. A bunch of my pilot and flight attendant friends use it.

Finally, the CBP is starting a new program using facial biometrics. I forget the name of the program, but the computers compare the photos on file from your passport, Global Entry, and previous entries into the US, with the passport you present at the entry checkpoint and your face. If everything matches up correctly, you're cleared in. Boston Logan airport uses this technology in the crew line for immigration. I've found it to be faster than using Global Entry and it is free.
Appreciate 0