04-15-2021, 10:52 PM   #52
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
United_States
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I have the TSA Pre but not global entry. Correct me if I'm wrong the Global Entry only speeds up the process at immigration not security right?

All I know is I have stood in lines 20 minutes long getting through security in LAX in the past. I would arrive on a domestic flight then walk to the international terminal and up to security. There was no short line that I could find. Maybe SFO is better organized.
Yes on the Global Entry. I just mentioned it because it lessens the chance of getting rando searched re-entering. I have yet to stand in line at any airport that has Pre & or CLEAR. Newark is supposed to be getting it I think...that was the last airport I went to that didn't have it though there lines moved fairly quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Same here, BUT it depends on the airport. Some are very fast, some aren't, especially the really small airports. Have you ever been to one where they don't even have a separate line for TSA or Pre-check? The person at the front gives you a card (forgot what color) to indicate you can be expedited.
True. But some of the smaller airports don't have the same foot traffic so it balances out. Wait times in line are smaller. I went through New Orleans and they did not have either but it was like 5 minutes through no biggie
Appreciate 0