View Single Post
      03-04-2021, 02:08 PM   #30
dtox9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25-X

Not long after I first started traveling with my CCW, I was involved in a "misunderstanding" at the ticket counter where I verbally declared my firearm with the agent, which she later claimed not to have heard me, thus did not give me any paperwork for my checked bag.

Yep - you guessed it - - Got flagged by TSA over the airport's speakers to "Please pick up the courtesy phone"...

Got back to the front ticket counter to be met by the airport police... taken to TSA "behind the curtain" where my bag was open, and all my stuff rifled through... with my pistol case sitting beside my luggage, and them asking me for multiple articles of ID, and please open the case.

Long story short, we all agreed (with the help of the airport officer thankfully) that I did actually try to declare, and had all my "stuff" properly packaged down to the detail per the TSA regulations.......... it was just my dumb ass for not knowing enough detail about the signature card and thinking - 'boy, that was easier than i thought' getting through ticketing and then through the airport. Live and Learn.

The cop was cool... the TSA agent went through every centimeter of my bag and drilled me with 20-questions about my gear and intentions just trying to find a reason to shut me down................. (sigh)..........

About two weeks from two years to the date later... I get a letter in the mail from Homeland Security trying to assess a penalty fine for not declaring my contents with the airline. Thank God I still had that cop's card in my wallet with the case number he'd given me should just such a future incident present itself. That officer's report cleared me twice!
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50