King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
*rubs hands*.
Let's get into this!
Ok so those you have mentioned are actually not that bad of the newer crop around.....not counting The Streets who has been deep in since '94.

Taking it right back try the absolutely brilliant Hijack and their album The Horns of Jericho. Proper old school sound to them but their look was very much Wu Tang years before the Wu emerged and honestly having been lucky enough to see both Hijack crushed the Wu live.

Keeping inline with the Britcore sound Gunshot album Patriot Games this might take a bit more tuning of ears but well worth a listen to as is the phenomenal Sliver Bullet with one of the best film samples ever in 20 Seconds To Comply.

You like it more Boom Bap in style? Then Mark B & Blade The Unknown HAS to be on the list, this album still holds it's own today and I can't believe for the life of me they only got together for this one album, Blade's solo work, especially Storm's Are Brewing is definitely worth checking out.

A little darker but not quite what was 'horrorcore'(shout out to Flatlinerz) then The Brotherhood with Elementalz is another for me that still sounds great to this day.

Lighter, most girl's friendly but not pop C-rap? Then the recently and sadly due to CV-19, deceased Ty and Upwards might float your boat.
From the same era but a bit more 'left' Then Roots Manuva and the great Run Come Save Me is worth a shot, even if it's just for the fantastic Witness (1 Hope both of the above's follow up albums are worth checking out too.

I'll stop on this list for now and await any feedback before recommending anymore.

I do agree to a large extent on your last point though although I feel the producers of current stuff really are holding it down, it's the 'rappers'( I CAN'T call them MC's) that are in some cases quite frankly shit and devoid of any soul that are and have dragging/dragged the genre down.
Thanks mate! I'll give a listen while teaching the weights a lesson tonight and get back to you. Always down for new choons and recomendations.
Appreciate 0