View Single Post
      09-21-2015, 01:56 AM   #8
richard_tricky
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335d

Hiya. I'm based in south Wales as well. I've had both cars very recently, currently driving around in a 335d after just selling the 335i.

Out of the 2 engines I think I prefer the 335i n54, firstly the exhaust note. It's just awesome. Very addictive. The acceleration is feels brutal. so much fun. The exhaust note is not an issue inside the cabin whatsoever but if you live on a quiet street it can be quite loud. My wife always knew when I was outside parking. Round town your looking at low 20s mpg, but on motorways at 70 your talking mid to high30s.

The 335d by comparison is firstly more quieter exhaust wise obviously. The acceleration is near instant. The small turbo being there really makes a huge difference compared with my old 330d. And the thing just keeps on going. I've not known a other diesel keep on pulling high into the Rev range. Round town your talking 30s mpg and motorway I've seen it into the 50s.

Tbh try them both. I went from an I to D as I needed a 4 door and found it really hard to find a good condition and spec 335i in a 4 Dr. A bmw indvidual 335d came up and was perfect.
Appreciate 0