View Single Post
      11-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
Mikex101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 320i

What the hell is wrong now!!!!!!!

There is was, happily sitting at 70 in 6th on the A19 and thinking, finally! ive sorted all the issues with this car when it jerks forward, drops power and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree!

Luckily I was right next to a slip road, so I pull off and as I turn left of the slip road, it cuts out. I pull it up onto a kerb and the warning lights keep coming. DSC, tyre pressure, Engine management the fucking works!

Idle is rough as a badgers arse, if I take it above 3000rpm it goes into limp mode and if I let it idle for too long it stalls. Manage to coax it to a petrol station and remember what an indy told me about the fuel pumps. So, as im about to hit 1/8th of a tank I stick £15 in to test it. Car starts fine, only EML on now. Manage to get it the 2miles to work without incident (while being carefull to keep it under 3k and realise ive got my code reader in the boot, plug it in and (should have written the codes down) it came up with (from memory)

MAF
Exhaust emissions
Crankshaft sensor A
Cranckshaft sensor B
VVT solenoid 1
VVT solenoid 2

I clear the codes and take it for a 5min spin. All's well on the western front! no issues and I pushed it up to 5k

Ive been using Shell standard fuel for a while now and never had a problem, filled the tank on Friday and its been fine up until this morning.

Anyone got any ideas? could it have been a fuel pickup problem that's lead to all the codes>?
It an 05 E90 N46 320i with 70k on. Just had timing chain done, new camshaft sensor, previous issues with water in the ebox now sorted and ive cleaned the vanos solenoids.

Im really getting pissed off with this car now! Bonus month in Feb cant come quick enough!!

Last edited by Mikex101; 11-12-2013 at 02:26 AM..
Appreciate 0