View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Imperial Blue Sport Line

I have the same model as you, and I installed the H&R sport springs for the very same reason that you are considering doing so. As others have stated, the body roll is essentially eliminated with the sport springs and it carves corners extraordinarily well over the stock set up.

Even with the lighter engine, the 328i ride height sits just right with the H&Rs. Fender gap is gone and the ride is compliant when desired and quite firm when needed, even on the passive M suspension (which I have). The front of the 335i lowered on sport springs looks like a 328i with super sport springs, which I don't necessarily prefer even though it still looks great.

I've been nothing but pleased with the performance of my 328i since changing out the springs, but I also ditched the runflats for max performance summer tires, which has certainly aided in the overall improvement in chassis performance. Depending on what OEM tires your F30 has, you may want to consider changing them out concurrently. In my experience it has been absolutely worth the money, and I thoroughly enjoy every moment in my car now - even with the DC traffic. I say go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_F30 View Post
Hi all,

Seriously wishing for a firmer ride from my 2012 328i F30 Sport Line. I came from a 03' 325i E46 with the Sport Suspension. That car rode so flat and firm. This car (while I love driving it) lacks in both firmness and body roll.

I'm considering the H&R Springs to change it up. For those of you who have installed them can you give me your driving impressions from the stock Sport Line Suspension? I do not have the Sport Adaptive Suspension just the Sport Line Suspension.

Are there any other alternatives? Anything out there aimed at decreasing the body roll?

Thanks for your help...
--ben