View Single Post
      09-07-2018, 08:55 PM   #90
mthornto88
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 M-Sport

So I am a new owner of a 2017 BMW X1 M-Sport edition and have the same issue as others described here regarding the lag when pressing the pedal at stop light. I brought it into BMW and had them look at it and they said there is an update that would fix it. Well I got the update and the car didn't respond any better. So I brought it back and had them check again and they said it was performing as normal as other X1s.

I had been researching and reading the same stories others were having here and in the other forum. I decided this week to purchase the sprint booster v3 to see if that would fix the issue. Well I can definitely say it does. The pedal is so responsive now. The car feels so much like a regular car. No more lag while waiting at a stop light. I can feel the RPMs hover around 1K now. Before when I had the issue, the car felt like it died coming to a stop. The RPMs were around .5.

As someone pointed out in the other forum, I feel like this is a programming issue with the auto stop/start. The torque converter remains engaged and shuts down even though I am not using that feature.

If you have the issue, I would look into purchasing one or drive in Sport Mode all the time. It sucks that BMW doesn't recognize this issue. But it seems to be common one in the forums.
Appreciate 0