View Single Post
      09-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #171
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
The car is disappointing to me because there are fewer and fewer options to get a RWD BMW without getting something huge.
Sadly, that is the direction of the market. But BMW will still sell you a 2 series in RWD, or a 3/4.
Quote:
And the fact that no true ///M variants will be available is also a big miss, because I owned an M performance product and it was the worst BMW I have had.
In which chassis? The UKL cars? Well that's probably fair, it's a transverse engine family car chassis, a "true M" car would not be a "true M" car in many people's eyes.
Quote:
The cars also used to be more than just 0-60 numbers. Subjective aspects like RWD, steering feel, competent chassis, etc...these were staples of the base models.
OK now I see what you mean. Yes, the F30 feels a bit neutered compared to cars of the past but it was still better than the car it replaced. There isn't much else that is real competition; to drive, Audis still aren't as good, perhaps Alfas steer better but they still have reliability problems, Jags get the ride/handling balance better but come with their own drawbacks.
Quote:
Not because the change is what BMW's customer base has been asking for.
But crossover cars like this are what people - not enthusiasts, I refer to the people who give the company most of it revenues - want to buy at highly competitive prices. BMW's enthusiast customer base is ultimately very small.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50