09-10-2018, 08:04 AM   #157
mcc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa QVs & 4C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
^^^ Very interesting post about the Alfa. I owned a '57 Guilia Sprint coupe and loved it, despite the Marelli electrics and Lucas mechanical points electric fuel pump. Always carried a points file so that I could clean the oxidation off when the pump stopped working. Why do you say the QF is a better purchase than lease? These can be leased in Houston area for $800 range and I'd like to get one. I' did not go for it a year ago because of the perceptions generated by the mag reviewers. You are the firsr real owner to comment re: reliability. Thanks for your insights.
I say it is a better purchase because I’ve heard that there are some discounts on the very last 2017s of like $12-15k. Unfortunately, those discounts don’t translate very well to leases due to money factors and residuals, but if by chance they have further incentives, it is a must buy, IMO. The car is that good. Loved my M3, but despite the one paper performance, kind of left me feeling a bit cold. Car is rather sterile and more common, which for some people, a positive, but if you want something exotic and different, the Alfa is the way to go. I had put about $10-12k of mods on my M3 and even with those, the Alfa was better stock. I thought of just keeping both, but after a month of back to back drives, it was clear the Alfa was just more fun, smoother, faster, better sounding, had more comfortable seats, and the list went on from there. My M3 did have better infotainment in general, and being coded with the Euro Adaptive LED lights was cool, but all the other vital driving traits more than compensated for those few pro-M3 features. As stated before, mine has been rock solid. Honestly, as a car guy, I expected seeing some little issues based on being Italian, but to my surprise, it is actually more reliable than my M3. I had lithium battery issues, quirky electrical issues, dct issues, even random driving assistant issues. It was like the car would sense a ghost walking across the street and freak out with warning sensor alerts. Some of those issues also contributed to the decision to just offload the M3. Anyway, if you can lease a Quadrifoglio for $800s, you’d be crazy not to grab it.
Appreciate 1
ted99242.00