Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmacarony View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbbz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbbz View Post
this is so disappointing to me. I wanted to get an X1 with the 3.0l n55 but they only offered that car with the 6 speed auto, I wanted the 8 speed zf, my hope was the x2 35i would have the 3.0l with a zf8 and they downsized it to a 2.0l
They stopped selling X1's with the N55 in 2015, so I don't get the disappointment - you've had three years to make peace with the M35i being a 2.0L. It hasn't been a secret, we've known for years this is what it was going to be. It does get the 8-speed you wanted, though it's an Aisin unit, not ZF.
The 3.0l i6 has always been BMWs goldilocks engine, it's arguably the best engine BMWs produced, and to this day they always market the big brother of a series as the X35i/X40i with the 3.0l. Including the new X3 M40i comes with it. Why would I be wrong to assume the 3.0l would be in order for this car aswell.
The new models (7er, 6er, 5er, X3/X4/X5) are all built off the RWD GKL platform. That's how they can keep the straight 6. The X1/X2 are entry level BMW's competing with Audi and MBZ for the price point. And the market is showing hot SUV's are blowing up.
I see where your coming from, maybe I just hate to see the i6 go away. I hear M Performance, and my head rings with i6. I hope to see this succeed but I can't stomach it up, I have a feeling a lot of BMW performance following fellas won't be able to either.
agree 100%

[BMW is] following Audi and Benz with these pointless vehicles just to make a buck.
Not pointless. BMW is making these vehicles... Actually ALL THEIR VEHICLES... just to make a buck. That's kinda the point! BMW, like every single other car company in the US exists specifically to make a profit. It's shocking to hear people act surprised by this completely obvious reality.