View Single Post
      09-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #147
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
The Quadrifoglio is a fantastic car, but a better purchase than lease. However, the regular Giulias lease out decently for what you get versus a 330i. They are pretty exotic for the segment and set a new standard in driving dynamics.

Personally, I’ve owned 4 AMGs, various Porsches, and most recently an M3. The Alfa is the most fun and satisfying to drive than any of them. The effusive reviews are right about the icredible driving dynamics, and the overly negative comments about check engine lights are very misleading. Most of those issues occurred due to writer beating the car, and left foot braking it in race mode...something that it is programmed not to allow. It says it right in the owner’s manual, but further perpetuating the anti-Alfa message makes for interesting copy, despite being mis-leading.

I’ve had mine for 19 months (15k miles) and have only needed one oil change...in essence, no unscheduled service visits. It’s actually been the most reliable car I’ve had. A bunch of guys, like myself, have defected from an M3 to the Quadrifoglio, and have not had any issues whatsoever...so in a nutshell, don’t believe any of the negativity surrounding the brand. The new Alfa Giulias and Stelvios are nothing like the cars that were here 30 years ago.
Wow, that's really good to hear. I have heard the horror stories, but mostly about the standard, 4-pot car. Coworker's girlfriend even had hers bought back. I'm not one to bash because I think they are awesome in every way, aside from the fact I can't walk into a dealer and put down drive offs and leave at $850/mo including tax for 15k miles! Really excited to see what Alfa does going forward. The Giulia coupe is super exciting.
Appreciate 1
mcc3456332.00