View Single Post
      02-10-2021, 08:26 PM   #7
31 Express
Rep
Drives: 2018 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorbitman View Post
I had a software programmer that has the tools on his laptop and the OBDII connector and he was able to program a host of cool features to my 2018 BMW X1. Ours are made differently than those sold in the USA for example the windscreen and glass is thicker for better sound insulation and the vehicle comes with the windows already pre-tinted and a few other differences. My programmer was also able to use a software to bump up the HP and TQ on sports mode (turbo and other parameters) plus I added a BMW Cold air intake kit. The jump in HP is very noticeable and of course this affects the gas mileage. Also when I start the vehicle it no longer starts with the auto/start stop. When I put it in ECO mode (highway) it turns that feature on which it also does when the vehicle is low on gas too. I hear a lot of good things regarding the JB+ chip however some BMW dealerships will also program the ECU for a small fee ($400 - $600 unofficially) instead of buying a Dinan license. But you have to be discreet about this and not everyone does it. You need to know someone who knows...if you know what I mean.
That is very cool about the programmer Xorbitman. I also have a Cold Air Intake and if for nothing else, it sounds pretty good. I will say the nice thing about the JB+ or the Dinan is that they are relatively inexpensive, but more importantly, they can be installed and removed easily without the dealer knowing. I had a shop do an ECU tune on my car and I got a slap on the wrist from the dealership. This resulted in the dealership locking my cars DME, making it difficult for a shop to re-tune the ECU.
Appreciate 0