08-24-2019, 12:47 AM   #9
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW. X1 f48. 20i xLine xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter9588 View Post
Hi,

I am currently looking at purchasing a 2nd hand ~2016 2.0i Sport X1, around 20/30k miles for about £20k.

I currently drive a 2014 M135i, with pretty much every option available; pro navigation, sunroof, cruise, electric heated seats, folding mirrors, adaptive headlights, front and rear parking senors and so on. (This car will be sold as we are expecting twins in November.)

At this budget there don't seem to be too many options spec'd on x1s available on autotrader.

Are there any options that you'd consider must have? I would miss the pro nav the most i think, but there are just so few cars with it spec'd at my budget.

I saw someone mentioned that speed limits can be displayed on the sat nav. This was something very annoying, which my m135i didn't do. Is this a standard feature?

Any other advice anyone could give on my potential purchase would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

Hi . We run a f48 20i Xdrive (bought used 3 month old 2100 miles ) previous had the e84 18d
We have sensors back/front ,on my wifes previous car (Nissan QQ) she had rear camera , and very quickly wanted the sensors fitting as she did not like the camera.
We have the LED lights but I find them not as good as the Adaptive Zenons in previous car. The X1 does not have the full adaptive system fitted to some larger cars.
Car has sports leather which are good , but we also have Lumber Support an absolute extra in our case.
I am happy with the Non RoF tyres but finding the Bridgestones very
noisy.
I wish we had the folding mirrors
For our use I am happy with the normal Sat Nav, I do find the ability to send destinations to the car from the iPhone usefull.Very good being able to regulary update maps , but its never worked in car ,always used a Mac and memory stick.
The 4 pot 20i engine is reasonable for normal use , but I do still prefer the well tried 6 pot engine I have in the Z3.
Heated seats I think are standard but not heated steering wheel. Both very nice on a winters morning.
Buying 3 years old I would suggest its important to get one from a BMW dealer and ensure its service is up to date so you can keep the BMW warrantee.
Also when buying pay very close attention to the tyres ---BMW have quite strict requirements to avoid transmission wind up.
After the troubles a number of freinds have had with sun roof I would not have one .
Appreciate 0