View Single Post
      08-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #6
Skyline2.0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 xDrive

Some options I could go without:

1. Mine has Nav that I've only used it once in the almost one year of ownership so far. But, this is personal preference as I prefer Google Maps much more over BMW's factory system.

2. Run-flat tires - once I reach the point of needing new tires, I'm definitely going to conventional ones. Ride quality over rough terrain or pot holes is pretty jarring. I purchased a space saver spare already, which you should definitely get if you go Non RFTs.

3. Power lift gate for trunk - It's nice to have, but I can easily do without it. Also, several members have reported issues with the lift gate not operating properly, such as closing when it shouldn't or opening randomly. I've experienced both and luckily it hasn't happened more than once or twice. But, it does me look back twice pretty often to make sure the trunk doesn't open randomly.

Features that I like (not clear if below are options or come standard):

1. Folding mirrors, especially the tilt in reverse function. Quite helpful when parallel parking. I think this is standard for all X1s though.

2. Sport seats - they're pretty comfortable and are quite adjustable. Makes long road trips not as painful.

3. LED exterior lighting package. Note: I do NOT have it currently, but wish I did. I feel like the "halo" style DRLs are iconic to BMWs, which should come standard on all models. Also, LED light output is significantly better compared to halogen bulbs. I sort of found a middle ground by upgrading all my exterior halogen bulbs to LEDs, but it's not quite the same.

4. All weather floor mats. I convinced my dealer to toss them in for free, and wish I haggled harder to get the trunk one included, too. This may not matter to you, but I'm a clean freak in terms of keeping the interior spotless. Also, if you live in a rainy/snowy area, the all weather mats will make cleaning the floor area significantly easier.
Appreciate 0