England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrob View Post
I saw Nirvana in Seattle in 1992 - 11th September actually at the Seattle Coliseum. I think one of the support bands was Helmet. I was there completely by myself and remember noticing a large police presence while I was standing in the queue. Read in the papers the next day that the gig had passed off without incident after the fatal drive by shooting at the queue for the Ice-T concert that was held at the Coliseum the week before! Phew.

The other thing was, it was pretty easy to get a ticket too. I was in San Diego at the time watching that year's MTV awards and the announcer mentioned that there were still tickets available for their "homecoming" gig in Seattle. Hopped on a plane up to Seattle, went to Tower Records and bought a ticket. Easy as that.

The final thing I remember was walking out of the Coliseum (a basketball arena) and noticing all the ticket stubs that had been thrown away. I thought I should pick a handful up for collection purposes, then thought "Na - they've been on the ground". Subsequently, I've been offered $200 for that ticket stub, tho' I've still got it.

Other bands I've seen: Dinosaur Jr., Smiths, REM, Henry Rollins, White Stripes, Fugazi, Weller, Shed 7, Kraftwerk, Morrissey, Finn Brothers, Superchunk, Pavement, Ash, Barenaked Ladies, Robyn Hitchcock,...and a few I'm too embarrassed to mention........
Got tickets for Shed 7's "Hits tour" in December - looking forward to it.