View Single Post
      07-28-2020, 10:06 PM   #9
Carnut12
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Heritage Edition LSB

I’ve had both the tiles and epoxy. Currently I have Racetrack Tiles. My last house I had Epoxy, I was lucky that I bought the house and had a week between buying and moving in so I went and did the floor when the home was vacant.

A few points I would give for epoxy-
1- Only get 2 part epoxy, there is a garage forum that stays on top of the best available for the price.
2- You still need to prep even though it is “New”, it has to be etched so the epoxy adheres better.
3- How new is the concrete? If it’s too new it’s still curing. You should do a Water Test to see if you have any issues, no matter how good of a job you do if you have water issues the epoxy will peel.

Tiles are self explanatory but I will just say they were fairly easy to install, you just need to cut the sides. They can be replaced if damaged, but I’ve had mine for a good 7-8 years and none are damaged. They do expand and contract in heat/cold, make sure you follow the instructions to leave room on the sides for this.

Which do I like better? Honestly I like both, but if I move I think I might go back to epoxy. I live in New England and although the top of the tiles aren’t difficult to keep clean some stuff does get under them and that I am not a fan of. At some point I need to pick mine up and pressure wash the concrete and put the floor back.

Good luck with your decision, join the garage forum it gives discounts to forum members too.
Appreciate 1