View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 06:59 AM   #44
Jorix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d

So, here is my case. I didn't order the CarPlay Preparation option when I purchased the car (the car is MY2019). I read that that's not an issue, since you can get it OTA from ConnectedDrive. I am still not sure if I have CarPlay compatibility in my car or not, though.
I spoke with customer support today and they told me that CarPlay is not yet available in my country (Bulgaria), but should be available in the following months and then I need to log on my ConnectedDrive and buy it. I asked the guy if my car has the hardware necessary, but he wasn't sure.

In my dealer's options list it says "Apple CarPlay preparation (6UN/6UP required)". I do have 6UN, but not 6UP. Also, when I connect my iPhone to the car and long-press the voice assist button on the steering wheel, Siri engages and I am able to operate my iPhone from it. However, when I say "launch CarPlay", the assistant replies "Apple CarPlay is not available". So I am confused. Can I get CarPlay, or no ? I guess I'll have to wait and see when they launch it in my country.

Edit: Customer Support just called me back - I can't use CarPlay, since I need the bigger screen... Nice that it was explained somewhere when I purchased the car. I guess they think it's obvious.

Last edited by Jorix; 05-29-2019 at 07:13 AM..
Appreciate 0