04-08-2020, 05:18 AM   #326
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Don’t understand why people are looking at stocks that haven’t gone down that much. What you should be looking at are companies that have gone down so much in the last 2-3 months. Once all this is over it will go back up. Like I mentioned before, Live Nation was a great buy at $20-22 and is still a good buy at low 30’s. Airlines stocks can be good because they won’t go out of business. Who the hell will fly people if they do?

Watched Royal Caribbean stock for a week or so. When it dropped to $22.50 (lowest was about $20 on March 18th) I snatched it up. For some reason I had a good inkling about Carnival Cruise Lines too so bought some of their shares for $8. Earlier today, before the drop, RCL was up $40 and CCL was $12. Airlines stocks are 1/3 what they were 2 months ago. Cruise lines stocks are 1/5-1/6 of what they were 2-3 months ago. That’s what I would buy. If you have extra cash and plan for long term investment you should make your money back and more, much more.

American Express and Boeing Company are good stocks to keep an eye out for.

Same thinking here. I finally looked at my retirement last night. It wasn't as bad as I thought...down around 16%. Most of my stuff is in Vanguard.

But I'm like you...PK is at $7.36 and was in the $30 dollar range. There are quite a few out there like that that you could make some decent returns off of, and still allow yourself to be "frugal" with what you put in.

Cruise lines, Hotels, etc......eventually they are coming back and I hope with a vengeance. And at the price they are selling at, you can diversify across quite a few of them without a major outlay of cash....and end up seeing some big returns.

And let me add again....if only I had listened to my boss about BA...I could have made $8K in 2 days time!