MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDK View Post
Hi MJE60,

I’m new to this forum but it seems like you have all the knowledge I’m looking for in regards to changing my 6UN 6.5” touchscreen to an 8.8”. Furthermore, I would like to ask some questions in regards to apple CarPlay.
Is there a way to send a private message to you?

Cheers and thanks for all your super inputs on F48.
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am happy to help if I can. Whilst I will reply to private messages, may I suggest you initially ask the questions here and I will try and reply. I have written a guide to Apple CarPlay and the F48 (X1) on this forum, May I suggest you read it first. I have also written the coding changes in post no 117 of this thread and more details on how I fitted the 8.8” touch screen in different posts (one of them in big screen retrofit thread), it may help if you also read them first before asking specific question. . I would also recommend you read post by Iceman7, he is a member of the Greek X1 owners club, they have posted pictures and have a lot of experience retrofitting android screens and HU. They are great people and very helpful. PurePulse64 has also posted thread with pictures of fitting android screen and HU and is a forum member with history of helping others. The procedure for removing trim and changing actual screen is the same.
Best wishes

Last edited by MJE60; 04-10-2019 at 06:03 AM..
Appreciate 0