Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeg440i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeg440i View Post
Nice! Hopefully BMW won't go overboard on the kidney grilles again....

IMO the X1 has come leaps & bounds in comparison to its 1st generation. It would be a shame if they tossed all that progress away for a gargantuan set of flared nostrils!:
Ahhh but that much despised first gen X1 drove much better than this FWD biased X1 we have today. The old X1 was pretty much an E90 underneath.
Very, very true. My girlfriends mom just bought a 2018 X1, & she loves it to bits. Contrarily, I know if you or me owned it we would likely be less than impressed with the drive compared to the previous X1 (as you said). Just consumer demographics, trying to appeal to certain groups with certain cars.

I'll stick to my F32 & E90 thanks!
It isn't a bad vehicle and reviews well for its intended audience and purpose. But the driving dynamics of the E84 were simply superior because of it being essentially a 3-Series E90 under the skin.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 2