View Single Post
      07-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #107
Draman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 650i, G05 X5, Taycan turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
My Rolex Submariner is my "sporty" daily wearer, and my Panerai PAM 0072 is my dressy formal wearer.

Both IMO are luxury watches without question. The PAM 0072 uses the Zenith El Primero movement which is the same movement Rolex uses in their Daytona models.

Both companies make their own movements, and also use other luxury brand movements in certain models.

Many companies recently began making their own in-house movements. My jeweler told me the due to new "Swiss" regulations, that to still be considered "Swiss Made" companies needed to sell a certain amount or number of models with in-house designed movements, which actually bumps a few brands that were down in the Tag zone, up into the official luxury zone.
Rolex hasn't used the Zenith El Primero movement in the Daytona since 2000. As far as I know every Rolex has an in house movement now, not sure on Panerai but they were using ETAs recently. I know there's a big push back on certain "in house" Panerai movements due to them being very poorly put together (ie: http://www.watchfreeks.com/66-panera...t-scandal.html)

G05 X5 m50i Mineral White / Tartufo

Porsche Taycan Turbo Carrara White / Limestone Beige
Appreciate 0