View Single Post
      10-31-2023, 10:43 AM   #73
Condorll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
I live just north of Toronto do my best to stay out of Toronto/416 area code in general. Usually anything north of the 416 area code bounds is good quality pavement as the maintenance is much better, plus the infrastructure itself is not as old. My office is just a few intersections south of that "border" and by now I know where all the potholes are along any of my usual routes. All I can say that rim and tire protection already paid for itself. Still nowhere close to Montreal in terms of roads, what they have going on there is just criminal, maybe the mob is slicing too much off the top lol.

As for insurance, due to a rash of car thefts/carjackings, insurance premiums have started going up for people renewing their policies, so far I've seen dobule digit % increases for claimsfree drivers with spotless records. Last time my car was at the dealer and they couldn't provide a loaner, they took me to enterprise rentals and I was told I was lucky to be getting a car since they had several stolen the past week and the only reason I lucked out is that they got a brand new one arrive and hour prior to me showing up.
Here is a story for you, two range rovers stolen and the victim drives to montreal to get the second one back from the port.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/canad...lf/ar-AA1er1rj

I highlight (Can the Canada Border Services be so damn lame or are they on the take?):

Taub said the provider of the tracking device, Tag, shared the car’s location with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), which subsequently set that container aside.

However, Taub said the CBSA told him it could take as long as four months to open the container due to the agency’s staffing shortages, and that it could still be shipped despite being set aside.
Appreciate 1
xander_g1016.50