View Single Post
      07-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #14
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

We actually kicked that idea around for a short bit. Robi wanted to cut the stock hood then and there. However, Monica said no. We had sponsorship commitments for SEMA that may require the stock body panels so we didn't do it. Our front fender flares are made from OEM fenders, but we purchased brand new ones and still had the stock painted fender.

The funny thing is, we even got approval from the Redline guys to run a couple of laps without the hood on but in the end we chose not to do so.

We do plan to make a new vent carbon hood as well as carbon trunk. However, I need to hold off on that for the time being until I get more funding from the company. I've spent a lot of money on the car already and focused a lot of time on race program to a point where it's affecting the company tremendously. So for now, I need to concentrate on daily operations of the company and recoupe some $ back (hopefully I'll get more budget for the race program as well). We have 3 months to the next race so I'm not too worried.

We've got the SoCal Euro Meet coming up in 2 weeks that I need to prepare for. The 135i will be there if anyone wants to see it in person. The front fender flares should be 100% finished and ready for molding by then.

We have quite a few pics. However, I did not take any as I was so preoccupied with our issues to worry about taking pictures. I'll ask the girls for them. They took plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebaflex View Post
sorry to hear youve been having problems... but at least your still fast!

Have you guys considered running a vented hood, as well as turbo heat wraps, that cools up underhood temps quite a lot... keep it up guys

:thumbup:
Appreciate 0