View Single Post
      07-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Yeah, we've been talking to Will @ Turner Motorsports as well as others about our issues. My new theory at the moment is something is wrong with the car itself as far as the oil temp overheating and everything we're doing is now is just a band aid fix. The overheating issue is just plain unnatural. We've gone through great lengths to try to keep oil temps on check with no avail. The plan now is to put it back to stock to take out as many variables as possible and go systematically through everything to see what it may be.

I don't think they're any upgrades for a radiator at the moment. Granted, we could build our own, but I've got so much on my plate at the moment. I need to get our production stuff ready for sale. A lot of time and money has gone into building this car and I'm getting pressure to get something out there to try to recoupe some of our expenditures and keep the race program going. I think there's plenty of space to do that as long as your FMIC sits below the radiator (like our Competition FMIC does).

Yeah our hot summer days and the fact that our race tracks are out in the high desert doesn't help much. We easily see over 100+ degree (120+ track temps) here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Crazy! Sorry to hear of the problems. Maybe you can contact the One Lap of America guys that tracked that car hard every day without a single limp (they did get a limp during practice runs). I can only assume that it might have been the FMIC that they installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
Has anyone tried a radiator upgrade yet? since both the engine and turbos are water and oil cooled it might be the simplest way to get rid of some extra heat, provide a fitment exists for the 1-Series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bs View Post
I ran about 5 hot laps at Road Atlanta in a V3 equipped 135 a couple of weeks ago in mid-90 degree temps, and never saw over 250. I wasn't anywhere close to a track record pace, but I was seeing 130+ on the back straight. United BMW also was doing hot laps in a 135 all day long with no issues that I am aware of.

Makes me wonder if there isn't a difference in the sensor "calibration".
Appreciate 0