View Single Post
      01-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #13
JerryVH
Rep
Drives: 335is Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
its hard to diagnose seeing everyone has a different tolerance to sound etc.. I would suggest if you feel something is wrong take it into your dealer and have your SA drive around in the car with you. Show them exactly what your having the issue with and then he can discuss everything with you. I highly recommend this technique instead of dropping it off and describing the issue. Put the SA in car and let him experience first hand
I would just love to know if what 'cctm4me' and 'solstice' are hearing is identical to what I hear. It's impossible to capture in an audio recording because it is way too subtle. And other than 'vibrato/oscillating resonance' I don't know how to describe it. 2 friends didn't hear it from the passenger side and frankly even I didn't hear it from the passenger side. And yet, once one tunes into it - it's completely there and even sneaks up on my when I'm not paying attention.

I was looking for some support from this forum before attempting to meet with SA ... and I got it! Interesting that cctm4me hears "IT" at 3K RPM. More postings would be even better.

Ultimately it may be something that some people are ultra-sensitive to and we will learn to live with it. And as solstice says the "cacophony" of other noises kinds of masks it. Still ...

Does Op mean Original Poster?
Appreciate 0