View Single Post
      07-02-2018, 04:14 PM   #25
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
This thread is interesting.....so, I have some cash on hand incase of a major power outage or something so I can at least get gas and groceries.....having said that, the last ice storm in Ontario had power down for about 2 weeks as I recall.....cash was useless because most businesses can't think outside the box to do cash transactions.....so lets talk. I have a couple of generators, and fuel. We have a pantry with lots of canned goods, and bottled water etc. Although, I can walk 100 yards and have unlimited drinking water (lake Ontario). My house uses gas appliances so I can cook without hydro, and with the generators and fireplace I can keep warm if it's winter.....then I have my protection covered and we'll just leave that at that. Am I a prepper. I would say no, and I prepared, I'd say yes....cash is nice but what is the OP really asking?
Lol, pretty sure when I said emergency i meant a medical emergency, loss of job, or quick investment opportunity that requires cash...

For natural disasters, apocalypses and other general mayhem the only tools of value are items of protection, shelter, food and potentially transport. Gas, guns and MREs are the most useful at that point.
Appreciate 0