Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlcruisin View Post
I was undecided in terms of either purchasing or leasing the vehicle. Do you qualify for a loyalty discount to bring the lease rate to 3.15%?

I went with a 45 month lease, and it is mostly from my experience of owning a '11 X3 35i. 2 years extra warranty is now about $4500. Expect to replace the battery around the 5 year mark, and most definitely the brakes, will need to be changed twice if you have the car 6 years. So, with all the electronics in the car, and the fact it's a brand new release and no matter what you think you will get for your car after 5-6 years, you will get 3-4k less, it might be worth it to just lease. Rates will go up as interest rates go up, so when they are back to 5-6% again to lease, then it might be better to buy.

Also, who knows where hybrids will be in 4-5 years, so I usually like to hold onto cars too, but I don't know how well the electronics in this will hold up. You have HUD now, and digital odometers, etc..Not something I wanted to test owning outright after the warranty is done. So, that was my train of thought.
I agree with your logic, especially regarding hybrids. This will probably be my last gas only vehicle. A lot of the parts are new or updated. I have a colour HUD in my GT - no issues after 4 years, in fact other than a recirculating valve, a lot of programming issues and an actuator that went bad under warranty it has been ok. The brakes only lasted 65,000km - way less than on the E92 but it is an automatic.
Appreciate 0