View Single Post
      12-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #5
mtlcruisin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagergab View Post
I'm going back and force between option to finance or lease. Kind of know all the pros and cons of each option. The residual on the x3 is quite strong compared to more expensive bmw.
What's the general consensus? Does that translate to a future value that is on par with the lease residual value? Higher? Lower?

I'm usually not too eager to change cars if I like them.
I was undecided in terms of either purchasing or leasing the vehicle. Do you qualify for a loyalty discount to bring the lease rate to 3.15%?

I went with a 45 month lease, and it is mostly from my experience of owning a '11 X3 35i. 2 years extra warranty is now about $4500. Expect to replace the battery around the 5 year mark, and most definitely the brakes, will need to be changed twice if you have the car 6 years. So, with all the electronics in the car, and the fact it's a brand new release and no matter what you think you will get for your car after 5-6 years, you will get 3-4k less, it might be worth it to just lease. Rates will go up as interest rates go up, so when they are back to 5-6% again to lease, then it might be better to buy.

Also, who knows where hybrids will be in 4-5 years, so I usually like to hold onto cars too, but I don't know how well the electronics in this will hold up. You have HUD now, and digital odometers, etc..Not something I wanted to test owning outright after the warranty is done. So, that was my train of thought.
Appreciate 0