View Single Post
      02-19-2016, 07:36 PM   #1
Magnetic Fusion
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3

Can't decide to place my M2 order or not. HELP!

Ok guys, the time has come after owning 6 bmws, 4 of them being M3's. I love the M4 but I think the car had gotten too big. I love my E36 how small it is. I'm only 5'-6" tall so the smaller the better. My E92 is on the bigger end so I thought to myself "I want to buy a NEW car and custom order it with my options, and maybe it's going to be a M2" So my mind is made up that the M2 is the car I want. It will be my first car I've ever bought new. But I'm in a little dilemma. Here they are:

1. Take on payments of up to $800 for the next 5 years? I'm not even done paying off my E92 yet (but I'm close, a few months away)

2. Can I get the M2 truly in the options I want (exterior color, interior, wheels, etc)

3. Euro Delivery or not?

4. Does anyone feel the car will appreciate or drop in price?

So. With that being said I have been in contact with my dealership. I would be in the top 10 in ordering for my area. He said he can't say what position but he said well in the top ten with details of the first car being sold already. So I'm thinking #3-5 if I order. He has written me invoices for a basic M2 dealership delivery and invoice for a Euro Delivery. It's a 5% decrease in price which wouldn't offset the trip money for my wife and I to spend a week in Germany. I'd like to site see a bit too. My seller also advised me that only 300 M2's were being imported this year. That's a very small number. While I have read threads saying BMW will NOT be offering Individual colors, but, my seller said send him a list of colors I'm interested in and BMW will see if they can do it or not but BMW is open to doing optional colors other than the 4 offered. My seller said he contacted the factory direct and that's what they told him. Affording the car is not a problem, it's pulling the trigger. I'd be MORE interested if I can get an Individual Color option, with matching interior stitching, and Euro Delivery before I'd say a 100% yes. What would you guys do in my situation?

Mike