Rep
Drives: 08 M5 Sapphire Black

Garage List
2008 335xi SOLD!!!! ...  [0.00]
2008 M5  [0.00]
Precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF1 View Post
Not sure how an experienced car maker like BMW could design such controversial seats. Seriously they have been making car seats for years! And they should have had feedback from 2 Series Active Tourer buyers/owners already given the seats are almost the same design. There is something not quite right about the X1 seats, both the standard ones and sports seats.

Standard seats - way too flat, quite narrow and the bases are too short. They are like 3/4 size seats. I was getting a slight leg cramp from lack of thigh support after only 10 mins of sitting in one. And I'm not a tall person by any means.

Sports seats - thigh extension design isn't great, cushion has a hard, straight edge at the front rather than gently curving downwards, with the plastic extension handle and under-seat storage directly below the thin cushion's edge. Cushion should have been slightly shorter at the fully-retracted position to allow for a greater range of drivers. Side bolsters make for a snug sporty fit but may not suit larger physiques.

Having tried both seats I decided I couldn't live with the standard seats for any length of time so definitely needed the sports seats, even though they aren't perfect.
Why does the thigh extension not retract further back? When it's fully retracted it still sticks out.
Appreciate 0