View Single Post
      03-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #14
IBX1
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
Not in my experience...I had an X1 on demo fo a week (Sport trim version in the UK) and the Sports seats were fine for me.
Do you have long legs? I have 37" real inseam and wear 34 length pants.

I just drove around town in mine to a home show and there were lots of speed bumps and pot holes in that area. In those conditions the seats feel so terrible and give zero support. Imagine sitting on the edge of a small plastic bucket and trying to feel stable driving a boat. That's what this car feels like. It's a combination of that and the suspention I think, it feels so tipsy and bouncy over the smallest bumps. A bigger chair with good upper and lower side bolsters would solve most of this.

Another thing about the seats - the leather. Does this "Dakota" leather break in and get smooth? I can't stand how grippy it is. A big reason I got leather instead of cloth was to allow my ass to easily slide around on the leather. I hate the feeling that my pants are velcro'd to the seat, and I get that with this leather. My infiniti and volvo have super smooth leather. Does this stuff smooth out or not?
Appreciate 0