03-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #9
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
My guess is that the standard trim package available to us in the U.S. is X-Line and that means base seats without the adjustable thigh support. M-Sport is probably our only path to sport seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolfa View Post
Looks like it, which is a bummer, coz this car definitely looks better as it is (X-Line).
I still cannot believe that BMW would try to sell ANY vehicle with seats as bad as the standard X1 seats we are forced to accept in the U.S.! I just finished a week driving X1 loaner cars with both types of seat. The standard seats are UNBELIEVABLY hard and uncomfortable -- as if you are sitting on a board, leaning back against a board, with no side constraint whatsoever. The X1 sport seats are 100% better.

But unless we U.S. customers switch to the "M Sport" package, which many find to be ugly and boxy looking, we can't get decent seats. That just isn't right, or good business!

There are two easy solutions for BMWNA:

1. Let us have the "Sport Line" that the rest of the world gets, where we get sport seats included.
2. Just as BMW did for the 3 series, make decent seats (sports seats) standard on all configurations.
Appreciate 0