View Single Post
      09-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #1
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Confused and irritated regarding X1 front seats.

Having searched thru web images and videos I really like the interior of the new X1 especially with the sport seats in brown leather, and satin wood. Ready to custom order 2016 X1, but cannot get definite information on the front seats. Want the sport seats, but not the M Sport package. There are multiple official BMW pics in BMW US promotional materials of non M Sport interiors with sport seats clearly showing enhanced lateral support and adjustable thigh extension, but configuring on the BMW site it looks like the non M Sport comes with standard seats (less lateral support and no thigh extension). Building online does not offer a sport seat option. Have had no luck questioning dealer and BMW NA corporate to figure out how to order these seats, or simply to find out if the sport seats can actually be ordered for the non M Sport. Hard to believe that I can't get a definite answer as to whether sport seats can be ordered on a non M Sport, especially given the expectation BMW have created from their US promotional pics for the non M Sport interiors.
I have to assume I am not the only potential buyer who is delaying their decision until the seat option is clarified.
Does anyone have any information on ordering sport seats?
Thanks.

Last edited by Irish-Texan; 09-04-2015 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0