View Single Post
      02-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

BMW worked with NASA to launch rockets?!! Cool. Also very interesting... they've had their hands in about everything, haven't they?

Anyhow, that's not the same group of folks. NASA is short for National Auto Sport Association. (There's also another club that folks run with SCCA - Sports Car Club of America). You could say they're car-agnostic. If it's got 4 wheels, and engine and passes the tech inspection you can "run" with them in whichever capacity meets your fancy. You can take Driver's Education (HPDE), run in time trials or full-blown race. The local Rocky Mountain chapter has a schedule that starts in March and goes through October. Last year I started in HPDE 2, got signed off almost immediately to HPDE 3 (I believe because of the fantastic instruction I received from BMW CCA DE's) and advanced to HPDE 4 at the last event in Pueblo last year. I've enjoyed the regular seat time, classroom sessions with other car-nuts and general camaraderie. We even drove to Hastings, NE with them last year just to try a new track out and had a great time. This year... maybe Hallett, OK.
Appreciate 0